Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Let Me Introduce Myself  


Who am I?

I am Ashlyn and I am a 20 year old college student. I am a follower of Christ, a future physical therapist assistant, a medical mystery, and a lover of all things Disney. Oh, and I have type one diabetes (T1D).

What is T1D?

Type One Diabetes (T1D) is an autoimmune condition where the immune system attacks the insulin producing cells of the pancreas. Insulin is a hormone that converts glucose to energy and without it, the glucose sits in the blood stream and builds up. Nothing I did or didn’t do could have caused or prevented T1D and I will be insulin dependent until there is a cure. I manage my diabetes with frequent blood glucose checks and dosing insulin via an insulin pump which I wear 24/7.

Why blog?

I have journaled my journey with T1D since day one and I am the only one who ever reads what is written. When I attended the Children with Diabetes Friends for Life International Conference, I met so many young adults who had blogs and I was hooked, I realized all that I was journaling needed to made into a blog. I want this blog to be a place for people with T1D to come and relate but I also want this to be a place where my family and friends, near and far, can keep up with me and learn more about my new normal.

Why “A Trail of Test Strips”?

My non-T1D readers may not understand the name so let me explain. People with T1D have to test their blood glucose levels 8-12 times per day, which leads to lots of trash. Test strips are tiny and do not always make it to the trash when I test, actually they NEVER make it to the trash. I always joke that if I ever go missing just follow the trail of test strips and you will find me. 


 Follow me and my trail of test strips as I attempt to figure life out as a young adult woman with big dreams, a bum pancreas, and little extra sugar in my blood.

-Ashlyn

1 comment:

  1. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ose  who helped me in my life, i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by dr Ose spiritual, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how dr Ose spiritual cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from dr Ose spirirtual healing spell cure of all kinds of sickness you may have.
    Remember delay in treatment leads to death email him @ {oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com} whatsapp  +234813 648 2342 
    https://www.facebook.com/Dr-odion-spell-temple-110513923938220/ 

    ReplyDelete